> We currently don't have a good story for this especially since, as you
> found and said in your first post, the R class package depends on the
> project. One solution is to move android-agnostic code in a separate
> project building a jar library that you then package in your various
> android projects. It's not ideal though.
Unfortunately this is not really a solution for me. Let me try
again.
I have the same android-dependent code with references to R.layout and
all that stuff. So now i want to create two applications with intent
to put them on the market. To do that i'll have to have different
packages in manifest, which will lead to the fact that R.java will be
generated in two different places. Which will make my references to R
from my android code not resolving. So for two of them it's not a big
deal - i'll add import to both packages and everything will be ok. But
what if there 50 apps ? Crazy and not real example:

Let say i've developed an app that shows me everything about NHL team
(it's a playoff time after all ). Now i want to publish following apps
com.mynhl.capitals
com.mynhl.wings
com.mynhl.penguins

Android code is the same  and i want to keep it the same . res folder
is different for each team. Drawables and other properties ( for ex
tracking ids, and settings specific to each team ) so to make all that
compile to each file that has a reference to R.  i'll have to add.
import com.mynhl.capitals.*
import com.mynhl.wings.*
import com.mynhl.penguins.*
And then by using ant get res-capitals as need resource folder. And
yes, of course i've used android_rules.xml as a template and pasted in
after
<setup import="false" />

Now i'm looking for better way of handling all that. I don't have any
android-agnostic code .The ideal would be an ability specify your
resource package separately from application package.