From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Burton
Sent: 20 May 2009 12:51
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: How to solve "G1/HTC Magic not recognized by
ADB under Windows"

Al Sutton wrote:
> This doesn't seem to fix the problem I have on Vista 32 bit.

I had exactly the same problem on vista, it's not possible to delete
the keys.
What I did was open the device manager in control panel and then turn
on "show all devices" or something like that. I don't have vista handy
so can't fine the exact option but it's on one of the menus.

Then I uninstalled any devices that looked like it belonged to the
phone. I had tried this before but without the option to show
everything turned on and likely missed some. Uninstalling the device
removes the entries in the registry so you can see when it has worked.
Clearly uninstalling random devices isn't the best idea so be careful.