I don't know the answer to all your questions in your previous post,
but this is a trick i used to get a 'circular' list-view (not a
gallery, but i think they are comparable).

I needed a list-view that is circular, i.e. after the last element the
first element appears again.

I attached a ListAdapter (BaseAdapter) to my list-view and overrode
the methods of BaseAdapter.
- No scrollbar
- I overrode getCount() to return a laaaaaaaaarge value (e.g. 1000000)
- I override getItem(int pos) to return the correct element from my
array (use modulo operator, because pos can have a value of 999999,
getCount()-1).
- Override any method in Adapter that takes a position as input. Use
the module operator to figure the actual index into your array of data
(bitmaps).