Hey all,

Before I submit this I just wanted to check it's not a java nuiance.

The Color class can be used to extract rgb values from a pixel (32 bit int).

I implemented a lookup table filter and used a byte to store each individual
r g & b value to save a bit of space.

Long story short;

    public void testColor(){

        int nr = (byte)0; // Simulation of lookup in array of byte values
representing individual bands
        int ng = (byte)0;
        int nb = (byte)0;
        int nc = Color.rgb(nr, ng, nb);

        assertEquals(nr,Color.red(nc));
        assertEquals(ng,Color.green(nc));
        assertEquals(ng,Color.blue(nc));

        nr = (byte)0;
        ng = (byte)137;
        nb = (byte)0;
        nc = Color.rgb(nr, ng, nb);

        assertEquals(nr,Color.red(nc));    // FAIL HERE
        assertEquals(ng,Color.green(nc));
        assertEquals(nb,Color.blue(nc));
    }

Failure in testColor:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<0> but was:<255>
    at uk.ac.ic.doc.gea05.miffed.os.ColorTest.testColor(ColorTest.java:44)

Any ideas?

137 is the magic number causing the error in my case, there may be more.

Cheers!

Gav