Hi,

When I'm using the TouchUtils.tapView in my instrumentation tests, it
doesn't work. Here is the code snip:
"""
        final TextView popupText = new TextView(mActivity);
        popupText.setText("Popup Text");
        popupText.setBackgroundColor(0xff0000ff);
        popupText.setFocusableInTouchMode(true);
        popupText.setOnTouchListener(new OnTouchListener() {

                        public boolean onTouch(View v, MotionEvent event) {
                                Log.d("PopupWindowTest", "popupText::onTouch>>
event: " + event);

                                return false;
                        }

        });

        mPopupWindow = new PopupWindow(mActivity);
        mPopupWindow.setContentView(popupText);
        mPopupWindow.setWidth(50);
        mPopupWindow.setHeight(50);
        mPopupWindow.setOutsideTouchable(true);
        // FIXME:
        //   This is weird, but the touch interceptor only works when
        //       the background drawable is not null.
        mPopupWindow.setBackgroundDrawable(new BitmapDrawable());

        MockOnTouchListener onTouchListener = new MockOnTouchListener();
        mPopupWindow.setTouchInterceptor(onTouchListener);

        runTestOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
            public void run() {
                if (mPopupWindow == null || mPopupWindow.isShowing()) {
                    return;
                }

                mPopupWindow.showAsDropDown(mActivity.getUpperView());
                assertTrue(mPopupWindow.isShowing());
            }
        });

        TouchUtils.tapView(this, popupText);
        mInstrumentation.waitForIdleSync();
        Thread.sleep(3000);
        assertEquals(1, onTouchListener.getOnTouchCalledCount());
"""

I've already declared the android.permission.INJECT_EVENTS in my
manifest, and this permission has been granted sucessfully. But it
seems the tapView didn't work at all.

I've also tried to touch the poped out window manually, and it works.

Do you have any idea about this? Thanks for your help and consideration.

Regards,
Johnny
--
we all have our crosses to bear