Yep.  I have the same problem.  I haven't officially reported it
because I did a manual install from (presumably) the same file you are
using instead of waiting for the official OTA.  However, it seems
highly unlikely that this problem will be fixed in the next week or
so, so I'm sure all developers will be suffering with this until a fix
is pushed out.

Behavior is: screen dims quickly followed by phone going to sleep
after the set time period (1 minute) against my wishes.  When it is
awakened, I must reenter my pattern code to regain access EVERY TIME
(extremely tedious).  In addition, for obvious OS-related reasons, the
activity is reinitialized each time this occurs, which breaks a
debugging session, forcing me to restart the session.

I haven't installed SDK 1.5 r_2 yet (I'm still on r_1), but I don't
see how it could possibly impact on this.  Can anyone verify this
problem with SDK 1.5 r_2?

I assume most other developers are also having this problem.  Can
anyone else verify?

Cheers!