I have an AlertDialog with a custom layout.  The layout is created
just like this:

    @Override
    public Dialog onCreateDialog (int id) {
            Context c = getApplicationContext();
            AlertDialog.Builder builder = new AlertDialog.Builder
(this);
            builder.setView(new DetailView(c, selectedLocation));
            return builder.create();
    }

DetailView is a class which extends LinearLayout.  This class hard-
codes all of the views in the linear layout and generally looks nice.
The problem is that there is a thin (5px) horizontal gray line at the
very top and very bottom of the AlertDialog window.  I have tried
everything to remove them.. I know this is possible but I have spent
way too much time trying to find the solution with no avail.

Any help to the correct XML style attributes or code that can remove
this is appreciated.

Here is the DetailView class, more or less:

    private class DetailView extends LinearLayout
    {
        Location thisLocation;

        public DetailView(Context context, Location l) {

            super(context);

            thisLocation = l;
            this.setBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
            this.setOrientation(VERTICAL);