wefi.andr...@gmail.com wrote:
> No good news here. We see the exact same problem with any link we try.

If I understand the issue correctly, Android has always behaved this way.

Links in WebView, by default, open up the Browser application (more
accurately, they call startActivity() on an Intent with an http://
scheme, which usually results in the Browser opening on the URL). If you
want to prevent that, you need to use WebViewClient and
shouldOverrideUrlLoading(). That behavior has existed since at least
Android M5 (last summer).

If I am misunderstanding the issue, I apologize.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org