Dear All,

           I want to adjust some settings to disable/enable data
roaming and switch GSM/AUTO mode as the functions provided by
Settings.apk(Settings -> Wireless controls -> Mobile networks -> "Data
roaming"/"Use only 2G networks").
           I know there is a way to get the current setting of data
roaming through the api android.provider.Settings.Secure.DATA_ROAMING.
But I don't know if I could change here to control the usage of Data
roaming. If it is nothing but the status of data roaming. Changing
here will cause the state of the system inconsistent.
           Although I could find the api related to Data roaming, I
can't find any thing about switching GSM/AUTO mode except for some
internal api.
           Is there anyone having some related ideas or experiences?
Please give me some suggestions.

BTW, before this discussion I has posted an old related discussion,
but I can't find it from the groups. Does this mean the system miss
the discussion I posted?