if i were u & if my app already interacts with the web then i'll initially
hit a url from the app with may the phone's unique id...
i'll take care of everythin else at the web-side... this will make sure that
there's not much change in my app's performance...
but i dont exactly no if an android phone has any sort of unique id.... &
the possibilities to get such an id...
if not the id u may go for the google acc registered with the phone... but
this may have some limitations...

--
Regards,
Sujay