I have an application (DroidIn) that changes layout based on
orientation. Generally UI consists of outer shell with some buttons
that gets changed and then internal body area that stays the same
(except width and height). So the question is how to save the state of
that internal body when user flips the keyboard? That may include a
pop-up dialog that I want to retain and WebView with some content that
I do not want to change. Is this generally doable? Saving internal
layout as object and re-inserting it into new outer layout generates
illegal state error.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated