Hello,

I had some conceptual doubts about Intents. Let me explain it with
respect to one of my upcoming applications:

The application will be having three major logical facets: The call
control part, registration part and subscriptions (to a resource on
the remote server).

I am thinking of designing these three logical facets as individual
android services.

On application startup, i am thinking of creating a master
bootstrapping service, that invokes these other 3 services and starts
them up. Similarly, when the application needs to shut down, this
master service will perform the shutdown procedures.

For doing so, i will need to use Intents as per the developer guide.
( startService(Intent) for starting my services and stopService
(Intent) for stopping my services respectively).

As my requirement is only to signal the service and start it, i will
specify the absolute class name of the target service to be started.

My doubt comes here. The Intent object has 2 characteristics: action
and data. As my 3 logical services described above, do not have a UI
component (will be handled separately), providing an action is not
relevant for this use case. Data has to be represented as a URI. So
will the class name of the target service be specified as a URI ?
Secondly, class name here implies the entire package namespace of the
class (org.test....) ?

Thanks in advance

aayush