HI All,

I am new to Android development and I am working on an app that will
use the camera to scan barcodes similar to many other apps out there.
Based on what I have read here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html
the AVD does not support any camera input.  So what I did was I used
some of the classes on this page:
http://www.tomgibara.com/android/camera-source.
I am streaming my local webcam over http and capturing the frames in
the AVD and displaying them.  This is working fine.  Now that I have
this working I wanted to look into how the http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
could be implemented.  However I think these two implemenations don't
work well together.  zxing uses events such as Camera.PreviewCallback
which I dont have access to using my camera capturing.  Also the
scanning is using the byte[] data passed into the event handler, and
with my implementation I only have access to a bitmap.

How have you guys worked around this limiation?

Thanks,
jgautier