> RelativeLayout does exactly what the documentation says it should be
> doing. The size and position is are assigned in onLayout().

No, they're not.  They are assigned in onMeasure(). Well, if you want
to get technical, they are calculated in onMeasure(), and assigned in
onLayout().

> It's just using cached values computed in onMeasure(), which does not
> go against the concepts of ViewGroups as defined by the javadoc.

The size and position should be determined in onLayout.  They are not,
they are determined in onMeasure.  The javadoc explicitly states that
the size and position should be determined in onLayout.  They are not.

In my previous post I stated that this was a problem when you override
the class.

I understand the rationale here.  Obviously it would be inefficient to
calculate all of these values twice. There could be a way around this,
such as having an invalidation flag, which would make onLayout
recalculate the values as necessary.

Anyways, no big deal.  If I could update it myself, I would update the
javadoc for RelativeLayout to say that the values are calculated in
onMeasure and not onLayout.

- Matt