Hi,

I am trying to study the entire application launch process right from
user clicks an activity icon to onCreate and onStart gets called for
the main activity in that application.

In Home application, I found this code

public void onClick(View v) {
        getContext().startActivity((Intent) v.getTag());
}

but startActivity is an abstract method in Context class.

I also tried to trace the startActivity method in Activity class but i
couldn't do it beyond onTransact which involves an IPC call.

Can you please help me with this? I want to trace how a linux process
gets created then how Dalvik VM instance gets created and so on..

Any pointers in this direction would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Radhika