Why do you create a byte-array (content)? If the wall-paper is big,
you're using quite a bit of extra memory.
If you want to be able to monitor download progress, wrap it inside
your own implementation of an input-stream

         URL url = new URL(address1);
        HttpURLConnection uc = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection
();
        InputStream is = (InputStream)uc.getContent();
        int leng = uc.getContentLength();
        MyProgressMonitorInputStream progressIS = new
MyProgressMonitorInputStream(is, leng);
        getApplicationContext().setWallpaper(progressIS);

Then have MyProgressMonitorInputStream implement InputStream and
update the progress in the 'read' methods