I am currently writing an app that asynchronously populates a
ListActivity. Therefore the query on my ContentProvider is done by a
separate thread, not the UI thread. Furthermore the ContentProvider is
synchronized by a service in the background. Since this may be a
lengthy operation the service also uses its own thread.
My question now is: Do I have to do some locks by myself to support
concurrent accesses by both reader and writer (in the ContentProvider)
or is there already taken care of when inheriting from ContentProvider
and implementing the methods?
Which thread runs a ContentProvider? Some Binder thread or the calling
thread?