Hi,

As the seekbar thumb is a drawable so its support for animation seems
limited.
It may not be feasible but I would like to hear feedback from those
who have more experience w/ UI.

Animations I have in mind are quite simple like a few blinks when
layout becomes visible.
With Views, blinks can be easily implemented with alpha & cycles but
not so for Drawables.

I explored several ideas but none seems to work well:

* Using AnimationDrawable does not seem to help as it requires an
ImageView host.

* My main activity has an animation on its layout.
  I tried to set the thumb drawable to another bitmap onAnimationEnd
when the main layout is complete.
   The old drawable went away but the new one did not show so the
thumb disappeared.
   I checked the thumboffset to make sure it was not out of range.

* Set a Drawable callback on the drawable but that also requires a
view.

Another way is to have a custom seekbar with a View for thumb instead
of Drawable.

Please let me know if I have overlooked any other options currently
supported by SDK ?

Thanks in advance.

- az9702