Thank you. I have tried to do the same thing for picking a video:

        startActivityForResult( new Intent(Intent.ACTION_PICK,

android.provider.MediaStore.Video.Media.INTERNAL_CONTENT_URI),
                                PICK_VIDEO);

But I only get a listView which shows the text of the video file name.
And when I click on it, the video plays.

How can i get it to show a 'preview thumbmail' of each video? (like of
like how Gallery 'Select Video' works)? And when I click on it, the
video is selected , instead of playing it?

Thank you again.