My application crashes after I try to use the static Bitmap
createBitmap method to get a mutable bitmap in order to fill it later
with data.

If I only create one 1024x1024 the application works just fine, but
when I try to load the same image more than once (first making my
object null in each round) my application crashes on my third or
fourth try.

eg
Bitmap mpBitmap = null;

void CreateBitmap(int nWidth, int nHeight)
{
     if ( mpBitmap != null )
          mpBitmap = null;
     mpBitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(nWidth, nHeight,
Bitmap.Config.ARGB_8888);
}

I get the same result if I create a smaller image but then I need more
runs before the crash. In all cases my application works just fine if
I only create the image (even 1024x1024) once, then exit my
application and run it again.

If there is a need for "crash dump" I can provide one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Iosif