How can I cause my app to add a button to another app, the text
messaging app for instance?  I want to add a button and then listen
for when it is pressed, at which point code from my app would
execute.  In the notepad exercise 1 tutorial from the dev guide,
there's a link that says "add a button to an existing application!"
but this just links to the common development tasks.  I've searched
this but haven't found anything helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,