Hey all!

This has been frustrating me for a while, all I want is to scale an image to
dimensions that I define whilst keeping an aspect ratio. So for example,
image comes in at 500 * 500, I want to scale to 320 * 480 so I need 320 *
320 so as not to distort the image.

This must be a simple 3 lines of code using a matrix? I just can't do it,
it's lame, i'm very tired and it turns out I suck at programming. One of
those days! :)

Any help greatly appreciated, what you have to work with is this;

        float scaleWidth = ((float) newWidth) / width;
        float scaleHeight = ((float) newHeight) / height;

        scale = larger of the two scales;

        // createa matrix for the manipulation
        Matrix matrix = new Matrix();
        // resize the bit map
        matrix.postScale(scale, scale);

        // recreate the new Bitmap
        Bitmap resizedBitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(bitmapOrg, 0, 0,
                          width, height, matrix, true);

Gav