Thanks guys.  This does work provided the ListView and the header View
are within the same parent ViewGroup.

I would, however, like to request that the ListView be enhanced with
two new methods:

void addHeaderView(View v, Object data, boolean isSelectable, boolean
scrollsWithContent)
void addFooterView(View v, Object data, boolean isSelectable, boolean
scrollsWithContent)

This would allow a dev to leave management of the headers and footers
entirely with the ListView and provide the ability to have "sticky"
headers and footers that are owned by the ListView.

Regards,

- Mike