I've been struggling to efficently draw tracks over the top of maps embedded
in my app.

I've been redrawing the track with the ondraw method however as the number
of points the app and eventually the phone crawls to a halt and I get a
bunch of force close/wait messages as a result.

I've been toying with the idea to some how draw the track on a bitmap or
canvas and every time GPS updates, update the canvas/bitmap and display it
as an overlay but I don't really know how I would or should go about this.

Does anyone have any tips on doing this?