Evan Ruff wrote:
> Huh, that seems kind of like a curious decision.
>
> So, in order to use WebView and have persistent storage, I have to use
> the Javascript -> Android Interface specifically, then either expose
> standard getDB, executeStatement, getResultSet in
> WebView#addJavascriptInterface() ?

Well, I'd wrap the APIs in my own business rules, for input validation
and such, rather than expose the raw Android APIs.

And once the Android edition of WebKit is up on HTML5, I imagine you'll
get much of Gearsy goodness without the need for the plugin.

As to why the plugin is not available for WebView, I have no idea.

> Also Mark, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate you answering
> my questions so quickly! I have to say that without your help the
> learning curve for Android Development would be insurmountable.

You're very welcome!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org