Currently I have a small application that creates a socket connection
as well as a WebView to load a web application. The android java
application relays information passed via the socket to the webview
using the loadUrl("javascript:") call. I'm experiencing an issue
though whenever focus is placed on an input field inside the webview.
As expected, it properly brings up the soft keyboard, but if any calls
are made to loadUrl it automatically causes the field to lose focus
and the keyboard goes away. The user must then click on the input
field again to bring it back up. Is there something I am missing or is
this just a bug that will have to be fixed? Also, is there anyway I
can workaround this issue? I have attempted to forcibly bring up the
soft keyboard using InputMethodManager's showSoftInput method, but it
simply returns true and never displays the keyboard.