I'm building a simple Pong game that up to two can play, but I've run
into this problem. If one player wants to cheat, all they have to do
is never lift up their finger and the second player never gets a
chance to move their paddle. One touch event is blocking to the next
one so long as the initial touch event is still in progress.

Now I know multitouch isn't officially supported, but I came up with
an idea that seemed like that it would work within the bounds of the
API: only service a player's touch event if the ball is moving toward
that player's paddle. Otherwise, just ignore the event and service the
next one.

The reason I thought this was possible is while I touch down with one
finger to move a certain paddle, that touch event keeps getting
serviced. If I stick my finger down on the other player's screen area,
the opposing paddle does not move. If I lift the finger that I
initially held down, the opposing paddle springs into action.

Is this possible? How would one ignore a certain touch event (or
terminate it if it was preexisting) and service the next one?