I actually tried that one first and found the soundpool to be a little
less than ready for primetime... it didn't work reliably in my testing
and even crashed from time to time. After that I went back to trying
to solve the MediaPlayer audio system wake-up issue. I'm building
under the Android 1.1 as I wanted my app to work on the widest
possibly pool of phones in the field. Is soundpool more reliable under
1.5?