My first question is, when exactly is saveInstanceState called? I
can't seem to emulate the action, as pressing the home button doesn't
call it. What function will be fired when I press the Home button?

Secondly, I have a Text View with Links in a list view. If I set the
text view to the LinkMovement Method the entire view inside the list
view no longer receives focus, but strangely onCreateContextMenu is
called for the ListView when the textView is selected. (TextView is
inside a LinearLayout, which is passed to getView).