In the code below the sendSMS should be running in a background thread
can i use the AsyncTask class for this purpose....I saw a similar
AlarmReceiver class where it uses locks for acquiring and
releasing...http://pastie.org/403831

Should locks be used here also..???...will putting the sendSMS() in
doinBackground() function of AsyncTask serve my purpose of running it
in a background thread...???

public class SMSReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

        public void onReceive(final Context objContext, final Intent
objIntent) {

                                        if(name.equalsIgnoreCase("NoSuchUser"))
                                        {
                                                smsSender.sendSMS();