Yeah currently notifications are very much owned by the app that created
them, and there is no facility for other apps to interact with them.  As you
say, one could imagine a way for apps to replace handling of notifications,
but it's not something we have defined support for at this point.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.