Hi all,
I am trying to play a ringtone that is specified as the Default system
ringtone.  Unfortunately when i get the actual URI I get the above
(content://drm/audio/2) and then when I try to play it, I hear the
fallback ringtone - the one that you'd hear if the default was
unavailable.

Ringtones appear to get this URI when downloaded through sites such as
Myxer and the like.

Now it seems that when the default ringtone is on the SD card under a
folder called 'ringtones' I do not run into this problem.

I have tried to add the line:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_DRM" />

...to the manifest but that doesn't seem to work either.

If anyone has an idea as how I would be able to play this ringtone, I
would be eternally grateful!  I have been researching this and I can't
seem to find anywhere any documentation on how to do this.

Thank you,
Rob