What does your task killer do before going to bed?  Rather than kill
tasks, consider service shutdowns for things like wireless, bluetooth,
etc.  These service will kill your battery in just a few hours if they
are left to run unchecked...especially wireless.  I can't speak
specifically for the magic but my g1 burns through a full battery in
about 4 hours with brightness @ 100% and bluetooth and wireless turned
on.  Certain events can also turn on your backlight so having a long
delay on that can also quickly suck the battery.  Just things to
consider.