Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to start the gps receiver on the phone if
the current activity is not a mapactivity. I am displaying a listview and
when I start the gps I get the last location found correctly, however the
gps indicator never appears on top of the phone's display even if I wait or
restart this activity. The location of the gps stays the some.
The gps indicator appears on top only if I enter an activity where a mapview
is displayed. If I wait in the map activity for a little while then If I go
back to my other activity and request the location there, then the location
is updated with the last value that it had before exiting the map view. It
never gets updated If I move around after that, though..

Please let me know first of all if this is possible, I will provide a
snippet of code later for people here to tell me if I am doing something
wrong.

Also, is it possible to somehow be notified with a callback as soon as the
location is updated?

Thank you in advance!!