I'm having trouble with a list Activity, and selected items.
Basically, when I move the wheel ball (i select an item without
touch), then the background of the list item will highlight an orange,
then I click my corresponding button below and it acts upon the
selected item. I also want the user to be able to press with their
finger once, and highlight the item, however, when I touch, it just
highlights it orange and then back to normal. I know it's calling the
onListItemClicked. I tried to set the position from that as
this.setSelected(position), but that doesn't make the background stay
a constant orange.

Here's my xml that the ListActivity uses

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
                          android:orientation="vertical"
                          android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                          android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ListView
        android:id="@+id/android:list"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_weight="1" />
        <TextView
                android:id="@+id/android:empty"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:text="No Items." />
    <LinearLayout
        android:id="@+id/buttons"
        android:orientation="horizontal"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <ImageButton
                android:id="@+id/editButton"
                        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                        android:layout_height="46dip"
                        android:layout_weight="1"
                        android:src="@android:drawable/ic_menu_edit" />
                <ImageButton
                android:id="@+id/deleteButton"
                        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                        android:layout_height="46dip"
                        android:layout_weight="1"
                        android:src="@android:drawable/ic_menu_delete" />
    </LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>

I've been googling, and reading about people who have similar (but not
exactly the same problem) as me, and none of their solutions worked.
If its important, I'm populating this listview with a custom extension
of ArrayAdapter<MyCustomObj>