There is no need to subclass Application; I would highly recommend putting
all of this stuff in a global static, that is just read once when needed.
This way whatever current activity needs it can just get it without leading
a copy itself.  If the data really is specific to one activity, then
onRetainNonConfigurationInstance is a good way to go.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Keith Wiley <kbwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I also received a tip to subclass Application and use that
> somehow (I'm still looking into it).
>
> Cheers!
>
> On Jul 9, 2:02 pm, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > These two links don't work well (the parenthesis mess it up).
> > Look at the onRetainNonConfigurationInstance and
> > getLastNonConfigurationInstance methods.
> >
> > On Jul 9, 5:00 pm, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Take a look at these two:
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html#onRe...()<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html#onRe...%28%29>
> >

> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html#getL...()<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html#getL...%28%29>