Hello,

I was wondering how to get a toast to pop up (or broadcast an intent)
when receiving an incoming/outgoing call.  Currently, I have 2
solutions, but I don't know if they're "good" - albeit one of them
sort of works.

Solution 1:
---------------
Define a class that extends PhoneStateListener, and also has a Context
member variable.  So when I create my CustomPhoneStateListener class,
I can just pass in the current context (e.g. myActivity.this) and then
do the TelephonyManager.listen() thing.

This solution works (it allows me to create Toast messages and to
broadcast intents), but I don't know if passing myActivity.this
context into my CustomPhoneStateListener class is a good idea.

Solution 2:
In this article:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/faec71c4ae854271/863b4933b64288af?lnk=gst&q=PhoneStateListener+context&utoken=NVF2MTUAAACwwFf96muIoaCUrXmA7_-MWVL371GGq1XIhUq6Q2-xET611MdJTlwC385T8DmntyzHKTO24aHzKC44Y5MO9bT5

it mentions something about a PHONE_STATE_CHANGED intent, but I can't
seem to find any documentation about it anywhere.  If this exists,
would this be a better solution?  Also, could someone point me to a
website, or in a general direction?

Thanks and regards.

--Mark