There is lots of memory sharing between processes, so this is actually a
really hard thing to determine.  For development purposes, the "procrank"
command is the most common tool to use.  The last two columns of memory
usage are the most interesting ones: the last one is the memory owned
exclusively by that process, and the second to the last is that plus the
shared memory weighted by how many processes are sharing each page.

Note that this command is not part of the SDK, and for format of its output
tends to change, so it should only be used for development purposes.

For even more detail specifically about Java processes, you can use "adb
shell dumpsys memoryinfo"

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer