Hello,

I have openGL layered on top of camera view by using the 'workaround'
specified at -
http://groups.google.com/group/android-beginners/browse_thread/thread/489e56ea2a1d42a9
and it works great.

However, has been mentioned before that surfaceviews were not designed
to be layered ontop of each other -
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/4850fe5c314a3dc6

As you can notice in the code snippet thats mentioned in the first
thread, to get openGL working on top of camera we are first setting
the contentView to be the openGL view and then adding the camera (on
top of it) instead of the other way around as one would expect it. I
am assuming there's something strange going on in here as it has also
been mentioned that Z-order is not supported on surface views -
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/7d08a124a2e48bb3

Now my question is will all devices have this behavior? Can I use this
behavior in my app to get openGL layered on top of camera preview?
Please answer this query, its soooo cooool to have openGL over the
camera preview! It opens up for some amazing stuff!

Regards,
Indra
http://layar.com