MarcoAndroid wrote:
> So my question: has anybody implemented this in some way?

Yes.

You should be able to use my recently-released MergeAdapter:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-merge/tree

You would hand the MergeAdapter your initial set of ordinary views, plus
an empty Adapter of some form for your search results. When your search
is complete, populate your formerly-empty adapter with the results, and
they should show up.

If that doesn't work, it's a scenario I need to support myself within
the next couple of weeks, so we should be able to get it going for you
one way or another.

I'll be adding more documentation about it in the coming weeks, both in
the README and in a blog post on AndroidGuys.

Questions about it should go to the cw-android Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/cw-android

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Beginning Android_ from Apress Now Available!