skink wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have working eclipse project.
>
> eclipse builder works just fine.
>
> one of my class extends BaseAdapter:

> import android.view.BaseAdapter;
>
> class Foo extends BaseAdapter {
> }
>
> but when using ant i got 'undefined symbol BaseAdapter' error.
>
> note that import was successful so i think classpath is ok.
>
> when i changed to:
> class Foo extends android.view.BaseAdapter {
> }
>
> ant also builds without errors...
>
> anybody got such strange errors?

I did once, but it was my own dumb fault. I got tripped up in Java
generics, and was redefining String to be the symbolic name of a generic
type, so all my references to what should have been java.lang.String
were failing if I didn't fully qualify them. Fixing the generics cleared
up the issue.

Overall, I've had annoyances with the Ant scripts starting with 1.5,
where I have to nuke the gen/ and bin/ directories from time to time,
mostly when I add new resources. You might try that and see if it helps.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Need help for your Android OSS project? http://wiki.andmob.org/hado