I recommend to keep your data communication separate from the UI. The
UI should be responsive as possible and you don't want to have any
blocking on this level. In general data connectivity is not
predictable and in worse case you are waiting for a response from the
network and blocking your whole UI. For example how would you
interrupt your data communication from UI perspective when you handle
data communication within the UI and your UI is blocked?

--
Roman Baumgaertner
Sr. SW Engineer-OSDC