You can use setForeground(true) inside your service's onCreate() to make
your Service considered important, the service won't be killed so often...
HOWEVER it's recommended (see previous post from Dianne) that you show an
ongoing notification while the service is alive (show in onCreate(), dismiss
in onDestroy()) when you use setForeground(true), with a possibility to stop
it from the notification.