Hi there,
first of all, sorry for always complaining about ListView. For
standard tasks it works perfectly, but in my current project, it seems
that I'm just pushing it beyond its limits sometimes, or maybe beyond
the limits of my understanding :)

My list, which contains transparent items, used to turn black on every
scroll, so I followed the instructions on
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-is-my-list-black-android.html
This works fine for scrolling, and also looks great when there is no
interaction with the map.

(Before explaining my problem, a note on the wording: Normally I'm
quite sure when to say "focused" and when to say "selected", but when
talking about ListView, I'm always confused which is which. So here's
what I mean: When I use the keyboard/scrollwheel/scrollball to
navigate through the list, and any item is visually highlighted)

When a list item is focused/selected, the whole list turns black
again. As soon as the focus switches to another View outside the
ListView, or as soon as I enter Touch Mode again, the list is redrawn
with perfect transparency.

The whole list also turns black when I press down my finger / mouse
cursor on one item. As soon as I lift my finger, its transparent
again. Also, when I keep my finger pressend, and move it far enough to
initiate scrolling, the list switches to transparent display.

Here's part of my layout.xml:

        <ListView
                android:layout_width="80px"
                android:layout_height="fill_parent"
                android:id="@+id/lvGroups"
                android:layout_marginTop="8px"
                android:layout_marginBottom="8px"
*               android:alwaysDrawnWithCache="true"
                android:cacheColorHint="#00000000"
*               android:scrollingCache="true"
                android:scrollbars="none"
                android:divider="@null"
                android:dividerHeight="0px"
*               android:choiceMode="none"
                android:listSelector="#00000000"
*               android:addStatesFromChildren="false"
*               android:duplicateParentState="true">
        </ListView>

All the attributes which begin with a "*" (of course these "*" are NOT
in my actual file) have something in common: I only partly understand
their meand, I suspect that they might have something to do with the
black-list-problem as well, and I (rather randomly) tried a lot of
different value combinations in order to see if any of them solved the
problem. Maybe I don't even need any of those.

So is there any help for me, to avoid the list being black ever?