Hi,

On Aug 1, 1:42 am, CraigsRace <craig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could create your own dialog class which started a thread that
> calls finish() (back on the EDT) after x seconds.

Do you mean, that i should do something like that:

alert = new AlertDialog.Builder(xxx.this).setTitle("Alert Example
1").setIcon(R.drawable.icon).setMessage("...").setPositiveButton
("Left", new DialogInterface.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int
whichButton) {
                //do something
            }
    }).setNegativeButton("Right", new DialogInterface.OnClickListener
() {
            public void onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int
whichButton) {
                //do something
            }
    });

an use this alert in a thread??:

dialog = new Thread ()
{
        public void run()
        {
              alert.show();
        }
};
dialog.start();

I test something like that, but it didn't work. I will continue
testing now ;)
Thanks for help.

Stefan

PS: whats the meaning of EDT?? Event dispatching thread??