droidin.net wrote:
> I'm trying various ways of Twitter authorization which requires
> roundtrip to the browser.

Why not use their API?

> 1. Execute intent with
> startActivity(new Intent("auth", Uri.parse(authUrl), this,
> Browser.class));

On a side note, since Intent actions are device-global in scope, you may
wish to use something a bit more unique than "auth". I usually namespace
mine (com.commonsware.android.app.MY_ACTION), just to be safe.

> 2. Init browser
>     private void initBrowser() {
>         this.browser = (WebView) findViewById(R.id.browser);
>         this.browser.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
>         this.browser.getSettings
> ().setJavaScriptCanOpenWindowsAutomatically(true);
>         this.browser.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true);
>         this.browser.getSettings().setLoadsImagesAutomatically(true);
>         this.browser.addJavascriptInterface(this, "MainScreen");
>     }
>
> 3. Load url
> this.browser.loadUrl(getIntent().getData().toString());

I suspect you don't want to go down this path.

Let's suppose the form worked. The result will be...a new Browser
window. Links and such from within a WebView do not stay in the WebView
by default.

OK, so you add a WebViewClient and implement shouldOverrideUrlLoading().
Then what?

And, of course, your first problem would be to get the form working.

So, I'll go back to the beginning: why not use their API? I've used
JTwitter in a handful of book examples, and it works swimmingly, or at
least as swimmingly as Twitter's API lets you (it seems to be the first
to fail, before any whale sightings).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books.html