On Aug 3, 2:04 am, Romain Guy <romain...@google.com> wrote:
> 1.5r3 is compatible with 1.5r2, 1.5r1 and even 1.1 and 1.0 if you are
> careful about which APIs you use.

Thanks Romain, can you confirm that there were no API changes between
1.5r1 and 1.5r3?

And Fred, there is definitely no way you can expect a given level of
firmware to be universally used.  We're still getting users on 1.1
(well, not since we recently required 1.5 :-), and then you've got
custom builds, dev builds...

So that's why I'm really hoping that Google will allow developers to
publish multiple builds for different OS versions in the future.  It
was very tough to have to hold off releasing 1.5-specific features
until a critical mass of users were upgraded to 1.5.  At this point
there's no turning back on increasing platform divergence, and the
Market has to allow for us to publish builds for each release we
choose to support.  Romain, do you know if this is in the plans?

-- Peter