...so if I start calling the htc touch pro "mcdonalds" that makes it
correct, and mcdonald's is the one causing confusion?

Yeah, I don't think so.. just because you decide the magic/mytouch is the g2
doesn't make it so. Especially when the actual g2 has been released. (Esp
since the trademark was filed everywhere, so it was patently obvious that
they had a g2 coming and this wasn't it..)