I wanted to get a virtual keyboard on click of a button and when the button
takes focus.the following code works only for on focus,but does not work for
the onClickListner.

How do I get the virtual keyboard on click of a button?Any help

final Button button = new Button(this);

        //button.requestFocusFromTouch();
        button.setOnFocusChangeListener(new OnFocusChangeListener(){

            public void onFocusChange(View view, boolean hasFocus) {
                if(hasFocus){
                    final InputMethodManager imm =
(InputMethodManager)getSystemService(Context.INPUT_METHOD_SERVICE);
                    imm.showSoftInput(view, 0);
                }

            }

        });
        button.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {

            public void onClick(View v) {
                final InputMethodManager imm =
(InputMethodManager)getSystemService(Context.INPUT_METHOD_SERVICE);
                imm.showSoftInput(v, 0);

            }

        });