Hi,
I'm working on an application that allows a user to manage different
email accounts all from one app. The application has it's own list of
contacts / PIM (Personal Information Management) data obtained from
each email service.

To display the list of contacts/PIM data I was wondering if it would
be possible to use the built-in contacts/calendar applications without
having to add the data to the actual address book of the phone. So say
for contacts when the user launches the contacts application from
within my application it would populate the lists from a content
provider I had written and not the usual users contacts, and when the
user opens the application from the home screen as normal their usual
contact list is not affected and they would not see the contacts from
my application.

I need to do this for PIM data using the calendar application as well.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chirag